Marketing kickingasstakingnames

Published on August 4th, 2011 | by treysmith

Kicking Ass & Taking Names

Alright Ladies and Gents,

2 months ago I had a seminar in San Diego.  Over 400 people showed up and it was an absolutely AMAZING event.

This was my favorite presentation from the event.

It’s not about techniques or some formula I use… instead you’ll learn exactly how doing ONLY what I like makes me MORE money.

Check it out:

Talk soon,

Trey

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , ,

About the Author

Trey Smith is the founder of Kayabit, a game company with over 10,000,000 downloads on mobile devices, Secret Headquarters, Inc, a marketing company that teaches entrepreneurs how to build their businesses and L-System records, a house music label from San Diego, CA.

97 Responses to Kicking Ass & Taking Names

1. David says:

Trey awesome sit! I discovered it from app shortcut. I just had to say that you remind me of a young Jeff Bridges. Your videos are inspiring man.

2. Pingback: Ep#2 – Being your own media company

3. Pingback: game industry - Page 5

4. RS Clough says:

Good stuff, makes great business sense, got me motivated.

5. RS Clough says:

nice, I forgot that i forgot, good points that makes perfect sense.

6. Trey,

The content on this video is AMAZING! So each to watch all the way through too. I really liked the 3-column exercise you gave for filtering through project creation. Great stuff :)

Thanks so much,
    Matthew Cluff

7. As soon as you said ingredient #2.. Tada List as home page: DING DING.. I did it! Thanks!

8. Solopreneur says:

That was the best 48 minutes I’ve ever spent online! That was really premium stuff. Thanks for sharing all your successes and failures so we can learn what not to do and what to do!

9. J Alabi says:

Trey, I wanna be like you when I grow up :)

Thank you!

10. Luke Kellett says:

Great video Trey!

10 days per app/game sounds like a colossal effort, is this just the development phase (not including prototyping, music, sounds, graphics etc).

Or is that 10 days from start to finish, I’d love to know how you condense the time so well?

11. Bharat says:

Killer content but what I like MOST about this vid is the quality of it…

12. kaz says:

Cool video and solid advice Trey thanks for sharing.

13. Tim Webster says:

Aside from a powerful, energetic presentation and wonderfully delivered content, I gotta say..

Nice shirt. Seriously. I gotta get my shirts made since ‘Bean Pole’ is not a popular size, and I always take notice of someone who enjoys properly fitting clothing. =)

But other than that, I like your style. This’ll be my first time visiting the blog here, but ‘outsource the rest’ is something I totally agree with.

Problem is (and I’ll admit, I didn’t get *all the way through the video* so I apologize if I’ve missed this) – How do I start paying for outsourcing when I have very little income coming in? It’s tough for me, personally, to justify sending off cash to pay someone when I’m just getting started myself. Thoughts on overcoming this mindset?

14. Gail L says:

Love your spunk Trey! Thanks for all the great tips!

15. Antistress says:

Ol’ Cousin Trey, I learned a lot lot lot.

Thanks for posting this,

from Berlin, Germany
    Tim

16. Mitch Chase says:

Great video! I’m sorry that I missed the event. It’s really cool that you’re sharing that info and giving us lots of value. I will make it a point to attend your next event.

17. Thomas says:

Very good training and advise. Thanks!

18. Neil Basford says:

Trey, Thanks for a great informative session on kicking ass and making money. Love your style and approach to business.

What is the magic liquor you are holding in your hand ?

Regards Neil

19. Gail says:

You’re right Trey “Cool Stuff”

20. Thanks Trey, I am a big fan of you, I got inspired with your work, thanks for sharing this

21. Ken says:

Great stuff Trey… Thanks again!

22. Mike Horn says:

Trey, Great content, man. This is worth watching over and over again. I will share this one with my friends. I am looking forward to succeeding by learning from you. Keep the great stuff coming.

23. Rosy says:

Thanks you ! Trey.

Full with valuable contents. Great !!!!

24. Brian M* says:

Trey, I’ve never had the pleasure of hearing you online before, but very much enjoying your opening talk. I have caught it late in the night and look forward to hearing the rest. It sounds awesome and thank you for sharing this. Brian aka Hackbridge WF

25. Jon says:

I found your advice very helpful, nice of you to share it with us.
    By the way, it would be nice to see some more stuff from this seminar, are you planning to so?

26. Hi Trey,

A great vid. You inspired me to make a yellow note with a highest priority project on it and attach it to my screen… Too many projects – this is my problem too, even though I’ve read Goldratts “Critical Chain” (have you?) and teach people the same thing: focus.

I’ve yet to buy anything from you Trey, but hope to do so in the future :-)

And about the “do not buy list” I 100% agree. Internet is anonymous and unpersonalizes and thus there are many assholes out there. We only want to do business with our friends, life is too short.

27. Howard says:

It is simple but to the point. Especially I enjoy the idea of using product, traffic, and sales delivery matrix. This really helps me to visualize the optimum strategy for my next project.

28. George says:

Thanks for the reminder, Trey (from a fellow Maconite who also reached escape velocity :-) You’re the universe’s latest of a series of recent messengers I’ve been sent to remind me to STOP COMPLICATING my life and trying to do it all myself. I appreciate your being such an inspiring role model. Prosper

29. AWESOME Video CUZ Trey…Thanks for sharing man…really grateful for that…

Yours For Prosperity,

Anthony Aires

30. Deborah says:

Dude (I just wanted to start with that!),

I took notes and am going to tadalist.com right now. Making that my home page will be PAINFUL (what will I miss in the “news”?) but it will make a big difference in production and implentation! I have lots of pieces to outsource . . . thanks for making this segment available.

Deborah

31. Todd says:

This is Great! Stuff! Trey! Thank You for sharing it. Will make sure to pass it on!!!

Thanks again bro!

Into the future, we shall go, Thankful !

Todd A Wellman

32. Elias says:

Your vidio kicking ass and taking names cant access it using my samsung

33. Nick J. West says:

I usually don’t click, what can I say I have been around for awhile. I clicked because you made me laugh. I’m sold, let me know when your ‘link naming’ service goes live!

34. Rene says:

Great Video!! Thanks for posting. :)

35. Pania says:

Thanks Trey – I watched the whole video and took extensive notes – Thank you for sharing – great advise. I was a little shocked that you have a Can Not Buy list. Hope I never make that list. lol
    Kindest Regards Pania

36. BJ says:

WOW Trey a Bomb Video Packed Full of Nothing but Grow your Business More Better, Thanks for your Knowledge.

BJ

37. Brian B says:

Man Trey your so inspiring. I Cant believe you can do this kinda of magic by outsourcing to programmers. I really strive to make apps just like your doing. Your so cool. Thanks for you valuable content.

38. Good stuff in your video – I am addicted to doing what I do as a Hypnotherapist doing Phone Sessions, love helping others change for the better but the marketing part is what I hate and I don’t have the extra money to outsource at this time, I would love to pay others to do it that.

So, would love some suggestions to get me to be more successful -

• treysmith says:

Quick thoughts:

Drive traffic to webpage > On webpage collect information (including phone number.. Hook is free consultation) > Talk on phone and setup monthly or weekly sessions (Pitch here is really important) > Grow until you can’t handle business then either hire more people or sell leads.

39. Dave Jenyns says:

Watched this in the background while doing stuff today… was actually pretty impressed. Sent an email to myself with the link to watch it again. This time I’ll take notes :)

Good vibes.
    Dave

40. Laina says:

Very inspiring and thanks for telling about Tadalist.com!

41. Stephanie B. says:

Since I’m a mom, I can’t really say dude and man like your other posters so I’ll just be myself and say, “Good job, well done.” The simplicity is awesome.

42. Christa says:

I really enjoyed your video. I enjoyed listening the way you speak. Very natural. I do my to-do list every day and when I get to my desk in the morning, I start with the first note. I then have time to concentrate on creation.

43. Jeannette G says:

Great content Trey, you rock!

J

44. Trevor says:

Hey Trey,
    Great presentation! Like I said when I saw you at Franks’ seminar the year before, you can do one of these seminars yourself. A lot of gold nuggets and over delivery. I’m looking forward to more of your presentations. Thanks and have a good one.

45. Jay says:

Wow Trey!! Way to over deliver on a Blog post. Thank you very much. I’ll be watching this one a couple more times.

46. gary says:

great stuff! thanks for sharing, looking forward to using tada

47. Samuel Chan says:

Another great presentation from you Trey. Even though I am NOT a customer of your iPhone system. I attended the sales webinar of yours with Mike a while ago. Remember? I am the one who is able to guess your affiliate network and stuff.

We definitely have to hook up. As I am I am trying to get my game out fast and building a network. But I’m doing a internet marketing style pre-launch. All the forum marketing and good stuffs like that. Check out my site =P I had that videos posted all over the internet.

My website name is also derive from a contest I held a while ago and been trying to get people involved. I had huge response! Contact me, trey ;)

Samuel Chan

p.s my site is not done yet.